Sustainable Landscape Maintenance
Sustainable practices meet the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
Working with good ecological design defined in LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) principles and ASLA's (American Society of Landscape Architects) Sustainable Site Initiatives, each property is approached in a unique manner. Existing soil fertility, drainage issues and irrigation water usage are evaluated in relation to capital and maintenance budgets for the property. Through this process, a sustainable vision is developed that goes further, reducing the impact of pesticide use and offsite disposal of green waste through recycling, composting and incorporation of organic fertilizers, mulches and amendments.
Signature currently has several properties that are managed under a Sustainable Landscape Program and has helped customers realize LEED-EB certification through specified IPM Programs and significant water usage reduction. We are proud to currently maintain an Envirostars Five Star rating, awarded by King County to those companies that have made a significant impact by incorporating sustainable practices.
Our Sustainable Vision
"Full service landscape management deliberately focused on reducing or eliminating waste and adverse environmental impact while enhancing overall value and service."
- Mulch mowing to recycle grass clippings
- Prune shrubs to natural growth patterns reducing green waste
- Amend and protect soils with mulches and compost
- Audit irrigation systems to reduce water usage
- Regular soil testing to determine fertility programs
- Prescriptive pesticide usage as a last option in Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- Organic fertilizer application to support biologically active soils